Members of affiliate MI Societies who wish to join WMIS Interest Groups should contact Sylvia Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 310-215-9730 for assistance.
“Several people have recently posed the question “What makes WMIS different?” One answer is: the uniqueness of WMIS, which stems from our drive to present and support the development and growth of novelty and new scientific discoveries. Innovation and integration are the foundation of WMIS. We have a directed vision and a streamlined ability to adapt to emerging innovations and to integrate them into our society. We also work in tandem with industry, government and advocacy groups, broadening our reach, our knowledge and our base.”
Professor Jason S. Lewis, Past President of WMIS, Emily Tow Jackson Chair at MSKCC
The World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS) was established in 2011 by integrating the Academy of Molecular Imaging and the Society for Molecular Imaging into a single streamlined society focused on advancing the field of molecular imaging (MI). Our goal is to drive the acceptance and innovation of multimodal molecular imaging as a critical tool for discovery, preclinical, translational and clinical studies.
All WMIS members receive the journal of WMIS, Molecular Imaging and Biology six times a year, the annual conference Program Book and a reduced registration fee for the annual conference and workshops during the year.
Membership has advantages:
- Access to the Molecular Imaging & Biology Journal (included in membership)
- Member discount for the World Molecular Imaging Congress
- Ability to participate in our innovative Interest Groups
- Ability to earn CME credits
- Opportunities for grants and awards
Did you know that WMIS is the leading organization behind many of the most powerful initiatives in the industry?
- PET FDG reimbursement and registry management
- PET NaF reimbursement initiative
- PET Alzheimer’s/dementia initiatives
- Preclinical educational program development
- Organizing global events and conferences
- Expanding molecular imaging globally
- And offering several strategic services for the molecular imaging community