WMIS is offering a Visa Travel Assistance Program to aid with travel into the U.S. for WMIC 2017.
Allowing sufficient lead time is essential – please ask us if you have questions.
WMIS is committed to serving all of the members the Molecular Imaging Community. The collaboration and the exchange of science are at the core of our goal to improve patient outcomes. We are a global society and about 50% of our attendees are from locations outside of the US. WMIS encourages international participation and we would like to offer assistance for your questions about international travel. We have retained a lawyer to help answer your question. Contact Andrea Diaz, WMIS Program Manager, with any questions at email@example.com.
Do I Need a Visa?
Visa requirements vary based on national origin, current residence, previous travel, and passport eligibility.
- The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without first obtaining a visa, when they meet certain requirements.
- The Visa Wizard is a tool to help travelers understand what type of visa may be needed.
Updates on Travel to the US
How do I Apply?
Travelers will need to complete an application, provide a photograph, and may require an interview. Contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country for specific application procedures and estimated wait times for interview appointments.
Tips for Successful Visa Applications:
- Apply Early! Apply at least 3 to 4 months before your planned travel date.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence, and/or binding or sufficient ties to your home country or permanent residence abroad.
- Provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, WMIS membership and meeting registration.
- If the Embassy requires an in-person interview, dress professionally and prepare for your interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.
- If an invitation letter is needed, please use this form to create your letter.
Contact Andrea Diaz, WMIS Program Manager, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.